Thursday 28 December 2017

Alternative Christmas Tree

Call me a grump, but I've never felt comfortable with traditional Christmas trees.  Too Scandinavian, too spikey, too kitsch  - I can't quite put my finger on what it is that I don't like.  So, I was really pleased when Katherine from 20twentyproductions asked me to run a couple of workshops to make a 'Tree of Positivity' with a  group of young people from Cromwell Community College.




I love the idea of a Tree of Positivity because it feels so non denomonational and inclusive.

So we did lots of expressive painting, some random printmaking and then cut and collaged our positive words on labels.  It was fun to do and I think the results are great!





Indeed!



Have a great winter holiday, whatever your beliefs!



 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea and so beautifully executed. Seasons greetings to you Ricki and best wishes for a happy new year x

    ReplyDelete